The Carbon Cycle
Watch: NASA: Keeping up with Carbon
Answer the following questions while watching the video:
2. Describe through a diagram how carbon is exchanged on land between plants, animals, and soil.
3. Write down three important facts about carbon in oceans.
4. Describe the role of phytoplankton in the carbon cycle.
5. Use a diagram to describe the process of upwelling.
6. Describe the relationship between oceans and climate change.
7. How are humans negatively impacting carbon levels?
8. How do warmer ocean waters affect the carbon cycle and marine ecosystems?
9. How are scientists monitoring carbon levels?